Monday, May 4, 2015

When You Need To Pop

Let's face it. Unless you're a saint, you've probably popped a breakout during your lifetime. Zits, spots or whatever you choose to call them are probably something most of us have dealt with. Some more than others, some longer than others. If you have the patience to wait for them to heal and go away before popping them, I salute your patience. Me? I can't help but do it occasionally and I'm giving my tips and tricks to get them gone with the least amount of scarring possible.

I am a bit of a picker and it's mostly when I'm bored and/or not paying attention. At work during a slow drag? Guilty. Sitting in DC traffic, you got me!

Probably the most important thing when dealing with breakouts is cleanliness. Don't try to do anything when you have makeup on. Likely, if you open anything, your foundation which has been clinging on your face for several hours will now be deposited into your lovely pore. The chances of a zit popping up in that exact place several days later is now quite a bit higher. The best time is after you have removed your makeup and cleansed your face.

And even if your fingers are super clean, I wouldn't use them. I know most recommend using some sort of tissue but I prefer Q-tips. One, I can actually see what I'm doing; two, my fingers are nowhere near my face and three, the "rolling" action many recommend (no squeezing) is very easy when you're using something that's rounded.

Now once again, don't pop your pimples, but if you've got to do it, I think Q-tips are the best option without going to a professional, of course!

PS I am not a skincare expert, nor a doctor! So feel free to take my recommendation like a grain of salt.