Saturday, February 6, 2010

Review: Missha Deluxe Sampler

A few months ago, Missha was giving away free sample sets through their website and offering 20% off for new customers (edit: it appears they are still doing this for new customers if you create an account). So of course I took advantage. Since they are currently offering $20 off a purchase through the 12th of February I thought I would do a few Missha reviews in case you were planning on hauling.

For those that aren't aware, Missha is a Korean brand and this sampler set has a few of their best selling products.

 
I was rather impressed by the packaging for the Deluxe Sampler considering it was a freebie. It came in a metallic box - quite shiny my flash did not like it one bit. 
It kind of reminded me of a fragrance coffret. Inside (from left to right):
  • Super Aqua Detoxifying Peeling Gel (20ml)
  • M Perfect B.B Deep Cleansing Oil (18ml)
  • M Luminous Color Lip Gloss SPF 10 (2.5g)
  • M Perfect Cover B.B Cream #23 (10ml)
  • M B.B Boomer (10ml)
- Super Aqua Detoxifying Peeling Gel: "With botanical extracts and fruit acids, this peeling gel promotes skin rejuvenation and makes your fatigued skin appear bright." This is similar to exfoliating products we have here in the states. This has a spa-like smell and hasn't irritated my skin. I have so many exfoliating products to use up but if I didn't, I'd order a full size of this product. The product is 3.38 oz and retails for $20.

- M Perfect Deep Cleansing Oil: I really like this cleansing oil. It's not super greasy and removes easily after it does the job. There is a bit of a soft powdery smell that sticks around a bit after you remove it, but not enough to bother me. This is something I'll be picking up with the coupon. You can either buy 105ml for $19.99 or 200ml for $24.99.

And now for the makeup portion:
Luminous Color Lip Gloss (SPF 10): This lipgloss is quite nice (but of course I don't know what color it is out of the 12 for this formula - Grr!). It has a subtle fruity scent (I want to say something tropical but I can't quite put my finger on it). The color is fairly sheer and does not have any real visible shimmer or glitter on the lips. It has no real taste but boy does this moisturize! At the $19.99 price tag, I'm not sure I'd pay for a full size considering the amount of lip products in my stash, however you can also buy a mini similar to the one I received in this sampler for $6.99.
 
And here are swatches of all of the color products. Obviously the BB Cream is way way too dark for my skin. You can see it compared to my Prescriptives Custom Blend Foundation swatch below. However, I am a fan of the B.B Boomer which is meant to wear under the BB Cream. It gives a very subtle highlighting effect to the skin and dare I say it's a better match for me than the cream! #23 is the middle shade in the BB Creams, they also make a #21 Light Beige which I may try after reading Lotus Place's very thorough review. The BB Cream retails for $29.99 and it has an SPF of #42 which is really nice if you can find a shade match. 

So there you have it. The first round of Missha reviews. Any questions?

3 comments:

andpinkysays said...

Hehe, no questions. I actually got this sample myself and ADORE both the BB Boomer & BB Cream! :) I'm fine with the #23 shade, and my mom is fairer than me, but she can use both #23 and #21 (#23 just takes a while rubbing in order to blend it, but it's definitely usable for her).

I'm more interested in the rest of your haul, thanks for sharing~ <3

Lisa Kate said...

I *almost* bought this (I think you had to pay for shipping, right??). Kind of glad I didn't though...the only thing I wanted was the BB cream and it is wayyyyyy too dark for me XD

Jeweled Thumb said...

@sunniipinky: I will definitely be getting to some of the other products I bought. Stay tuned. =)

@Lisa Kate: Yep. I wish they would offer the lighter color for us palies in the sample set!

Post a Comment